In our summer update we're adding new things like better subscription pause management, the ability to take physical cards of Google/Apple pay in-person and other incremental changes we're excited to share.
You can now take physical card payments and Google/Apple Pay while in person! You can also store someone's physical card on their account while in-person without needing to type in the details.
If you want to take advantage of this, you should log into your Stripe account and find Terminal. You can order reader/Terminals directly through Stripe and follow their setup instructions. Once you've finished doing that, you can link the reader easily in CodexFit following the above article.
To read about the initial setup, read this article.
To learn how to use Terminal, read this article.
Improved Pause Management
We're introducing improved tools to unpause memberships while also improving the visibility of existing pauses.
- If you have paused a membership, and the pause is already in progress, you can click on unpause next to the membership and the pause will be removed:
- If this was a pause per billing period, if you select to override restrictions, that customer will get the remainder of that membership for that period for free so please make sure you are aware of that.
- If this pause was made using immediate pausing, we will effectively immediately start the scheduled sub that was created when the action was originally run. That will still include the number of paid for days the customer had remaining on their membership when the pause was put in place as well as the bookings remaining. The customer would then be billed after the days they had remaining were exhausted.
- If you have paused a membership and the pause is still set to begin in the future, you can also click unpause (leave all fields empty on the pop-up) and this will now delete that pause before it ever happens.
- If you find the subscriptions in the tab on the bottom of the customer profile, you can click the eye to see any future or past pauses a customer has had on the subscription. This is a good way to see more about the pause history for existing subscriptions.
There is a new automator condition based on customer lifetime spend. So you could use this to trigger an action if a customer has spent over a certain amount with your brand.
There is also a new condition "days since last attended event" which you could use, for instance if it's someone's birthday but you only want to do the action (i.e. give a free credit) if they've made a booking with you in the past year.
Please read our updated Klaviyo integration docs for new events we feed off in addition to more data on existing events. These include:
- Location has been added to the event attended
- We now feed off when a booking is created and when one is cancelled
- We send a customer's tags to Klaviyo
- A customer's referral code is now in Klaviyo so you can use this to send a customer their code. Remember, if you embed the code into an email, follow instructions here for the full link to send them that must include their referral code.
- Cost is replaced with value to be more in line with the data usable in Flows (cost will continue to be included in the payload we send but please move all Flows to using Value instead as cost will be removed in the future).
Card processing errors - we used to only display that a card failed. We now display more verbose errors when you checkout for a customer in the dashboard. This will help FOH share the reason why a transaction failed with a customer (i.e. card has insufficient funds).
Reports - wherever a customer's email is output in reports, we also now include the phone number in the column next to it.
Export products – if you try to export products to CSV, we will now email this report to ensure the system can process a longer report behind the scenes.
User roles - Now when you click view a user in the dashboard, you will see any roles they have. You can detach the role or add a new role all of the user view screen now.
Permissions - there is a new permission so you can restrict what happens to a credit when someone's booking is cancelled. Previously, anyone in the CodexFit dashboard (i.e. FOH or admin) had the option when cancelling a booking to refund per policy, yes or no. Now, you can disable per role whether they can override the policy. Please note, we will enable the permission by default to match what any dashboard user could already do but you can amend that permission at any point after this feature is launched.