Live streaming events are created in CodexFit and Vimeo so make sure you have access to both before you get started.
To add live streaming events
- Login to your dashboard: [companyname].codexfit.com
- Under general-->click events
- Click create event
- Fill in all the event information and at the bottom, select from the options under "add video or live event"
- If you select add video ID, you can find the video ID in Vimeo you want to display. At the time this event starts, this pre-recorded video you have input here will show to viewers. This effectively allows you to have "live events" that are simply pre-recorded content
- If you select add live stream ID, then you should create an event in Vimeo and copy and paste the event ID into this field (see help video below). When you create the event in Vimeo, make sure you click on edit on the event name so your instructors can easily identify the event that they should stream to.
- If you select to automatically create a a live stream (the Enterprise version of Vimeo is required to show this), CodexFit will automatically create an event in Vimeo for you so your instructors will select this event just prior to the event start to stream to. So if you select this option, make sure to give the video a name as this will be the event name in Vimeo which instructors will need to select to stream to.
- Give the video a name - this is the name that will show up on the video after the streaming finishes within CodexFit.
- If you want this video to be added to your on demand library after it finishes, select which collection it should go into and tick post automatically
- Click create and you're set. The event will show up on your timetable.