We're thrilled to announce a new set of features coming including:
- An insights dashboard that helps provide critical business information
- An update to instructor payroll
- Tweaks to reports
- Improvements to transfer credits to customers
- Introducing notifications within the my account area and site wide pop-ups
- Improved booking cancellation flow on the website
- Improvements to the bundle types component
We're on the cusp of launching appointments allowing you to take bookings for things like personal training, massages, saunas or other 1:1 type services.
Finally, we've heard your feedback about how to find active/at-risk or lapsed customers to better re-engage and are working on a system to help you find and engage with these customers.
For appointents and our loyalty/retention tracking, we are looking to release these features in December.
And then as a taster, we're also hard at work at a whole new interface for our CodexFit dashboard/backend to modernise and streamline how you and your team interact with the system behind the scenes. We are targetting a January release of our new user interface but well ahead of that, we will provide updates, demos and resources to help prepare your team for these changes.
Read more below about each specific feature in this upcoming release
We've always had extensive reporting available in the reports area of CodexFit that all of our clients get to access (we don't hide some reports like other platforms which you then need to pay more to access).
However, we appreciate that these reports, while detailed, can take additional time to parse through.
With this update, we start down the road of introducing a data dashboard directly into CodexFit. The goal is not to replace Metabase if you use this tool, but instead to provide a set of quick at-a-glance information regarding general business health. Once you've taken a look, we welcome your feedback as we look to improve this new feature over time.
At lauch, we provide the following information which you can change to show for a specific period of time (i.e. yesterday or the last 30 days, etc):
- Revenue by location - when first loaded, this shows all revenue whether revenue from your website or physical locations. But you can select to view just revenue per physical location, as well.
- New customers registered (cumulative or relative with comparison to previous periods) - when first loaded, this will show you how many customers have registered cumulatively but you can choose to show this by relative, i.e. day on day comparisions.
- Bundles sold - this will show you the top 10 bundles sold over the time period selected but you can update to show more and order based on sales or name
- Plans sold - this will show you the top 10 plans sold over the time period but you can update to show more and order based on sales or name
- Products sold - this will show you the top 10 products sold over the time period but you can update to show more and order based on sales or name
- Sales by payment method - this will break down revenue into which payment method(s) were used
- Bookings/attendance - this will show you the number of bookings over the time period (based on the date of the event, i.e. if you have yesterday selected as a time period, it will show you the number of bookings in events yesterday including how many were attended or no-showed). Please note, if you look at today's data, it may show lots of no-shows which may be true if the events have not yet happened.
Updates to instructor payroll
If you've not started using instructor payroll, we'd highly encourage you to look at how powerful this tool is here.
We have a new report that summarises instructors' pay showing you a single row per instructor and how much they are due. This is in addition to the existing detail report which breaks down pay into a row per event the instructor taught.
Tweaks to reports
The order details and summary reports have been updated.
The order details report includes a new column that shows the taxable rate of the line item.
Both the order detail and order summary also allow the date and time to be split.
There are two new updates to this particular release:
It's now much easier to transfer credits to other customers in the dashboard. Previously, you'd need to type in the ID of the customer you were transferring to but now you can just type in their name or email.
On a bigger front, if you've had CodexFit integrated 2022 or later, we also now allow you to enable customers to share or transfer credits to other customers, too. Read more about about how to enable this and its use.
New notifications system
In an exciting development, if you'd had CodexFit integrated 2022 or later, you can now send customers notifications and these will show up in the My Account area and as a pop-up on the website when a page is loaded.
Notifications can be triggered via the Automator and you can also send individual customers notifications in the my account area.
You could use this to send customers automated survey requests, congratulations on milestones, or to solicit requests to use the refer a friend system. Just like anything with the Automator, if you can use the extensive set of events and conditions, you can trigger a notification to be sent.
Read more about how to use notifications here.
Improved booking cancellation flow
If you've had CodexFit integrated from 2022 or later, then within the my account area, customers are now walked through messaging when they cancel their class so they know if they will get their credit/booking back or not (i.e. if they're cancelling outside the cancellation window or within it). We hope this improved messages keeps customers informed of what is happening.
If you use the cancellation rule never refund, then customers will definitively be shown a message saying, "you will not get your credit back" if they cancel within the cancellation window. But if you're using the refund if slot taken or if class is full, customers will instead be told that they may get their credit back.
You can change the messaging by navigating to translations and finding the message. under the booking tab.
Website buy page bundle types component
If you're using the part of the website integration that shows all bundles within a tabbed view, then we've made changes to allow you to show all bundle types on load (in which case the tabs are just used for quick navigation). Read your developer docs to see how to use this new prop.