In case you want to offer a Zoom integration, we suggest getting in touch with our support team to enable. You may decide to setup the integration yourself and a simple guide is below. Please note, adding this integration on your own is an advanced user level action and will require some knowledge of Zoom apps.
Setting Up the Zoom Integration
- Login to your Zoom account
- In the lower left navigation, find Advanced and expand this
- Open Marketplace
- In the new tab, you'll see in the upper right corner the option to "build"
- On the build page, select Server to Server OAuth
- Give your app a familiar name like CodexFit
- Then click on next after app credentials (we will come back to these later)
- On the information tab, either put your details or email@example.com. If the app requires updates in the future, you are responsible to for ensuring any relevant communication is shared with the CodexFit team. In almost all cases, we will already know but each integration can be different and some may provide more proactive updates about functionality changes than others.
- In the scopes tab, click on add scopes.
- Then you'll be enabling the following scopes in each area:
- Meeting: view and manage sub account's user meetings, view all user meetings, view and manage all user meetings
- User: select all or view and manage sub account's user information, view all user information, view users information and manage user
- Account: select all or view and manage sub accounts, view account info, view and manage account info
- Contacts: select all or view all users' contact
- Click done. Your scopes should look like the below image.
- Next click on activate app.
- Now go back to credentials and open a new tab with your version of CodexFit.
- In CodexFit, click on settings and configs then find Zoom (if you do not see this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and just take note of your credentials before navigating away from Zoom but please store these in a secure way)
- Paste into the Zoom config in CodexFit the account ID, client ID and client secret
- Tick enable Zoom integration and set up any other settings that you wish to have enabled.
- Please note, you do not need to use a meeting password but please read below on how the Zoom integration works once enabled
- Wait up to 3 hours for the integration to sync before creating your first event
Using the Zoom Integration
Once you have Zoom enabled, you can now start creating events. When you create a new event in CodexFit, we will automatically create a meeting in Zoom.
When customers book into the event, they will automatically get booked into the Zoom meeting. Effectively, you do not need to touch Zoom at any point but just before the Meeting is due to start when you're ready to stream.
You will need to update your booking confirmation mail template to include the Zoom link (see article here).
Customers will be sent a unique link to join the event in Zoom which prevents the need for a meeting password and ensure the security of your Zoom meetings.
You can also opt to show the Zoom join button on the event booking screen after customers make a booking and also a join Zoom button in the my account area. If you have had CodexFit integrated in your website from 2022 or later, this should show up automatically but if not, please contact email@example.com.
Check to make sure the app scopes you create match the below: